Dilly Dally Time: Becoming A Proficient Practitioner Of Leisurely Procrastination.

Of great importance to me...

Time each day to be aimless. No agenda - except the dedicated time itself. It's my "unplanned" time each day.

And I require at least an hour of it. 

Usually, it's first thing in the morning. I wake up. I chug water. I grab coffee. Usually I turn on news. And then I do whatever...

  • I scroll through TikTok
  • I check all the feeds of those I adore on Instagram
  • I play Wordle, Quordle, and solve the NYTimes Vertex as well as start the Spelling Bee.
  • I try not to check my work messages or emails. 
  • I play a few rounds of tug-of-war with George over a toy.
  • I'll eat breakfast.


My focus and aim is to not require I do anything specific... But let my mind and interests wander.

I could not exist without this time. And I require solitude for it. Other than George, of course. 

It's one of the reasons I don't think I could ever live with anyone again. This time each day is critical for me. 

Procrastinating is central to whom I am.

Comments

Popular Posts