Meat-Free For Two Weeks Now.

It's been two weeks since I had some meat.

(Pausing for perverted commentary and reactions...)

Seriously, though, I have been a vegetarian (not "vegan") for two weeks now. And it's gone quite well. I haven't caved once and eaten meat.
  • Not when I brought home spicy sausage for The Husband to eat with pasta.
  • Not when I made a pizza and added prosciutto (One of my favorite things in the world!) to The Husband's side.
  • Not when I stopped at Qdoba for some tortilla soup without adding chicken to it, like I normally do.
  • Not when I met Legally Brunette for lunch at The Marliave on Friday, and requested my "Mrs. Marliave" be made without the ham.
  • Not even when I walked past B. Good the other day, after the gym, and encountered the fragrance of burgers in the air.
The ease of it borders on being "uncomfortable." Shouldn't it be harder to give up meat?

I'll shut up for now and just keep moving forward.

Comments

CelticBuffy said…
It's a lot easier than you think. I've been off meat since September and rarely miss it. I did, however, make the mistake of having some real hamburger in a walking taco the other day (it just smelled so good and there was no vegetarian alternative available)and it made me feel sick. Good for you and best of luck keeping it up! :)
Me said…
Thanks CB!
Anonymous said…
I'm pescatarian. I'd like to go full veg but I can't give up sushi.

It's even easier if you read The Omnivore's Dilemma :)

(PS - You should have received a Gilt credit from me recently! Thanks again for the invite.)
Frogger said…
Maybe this is why I'm craving meat lately. Since you've stopped eating meat, I've been craving meat! And I don't eat meat!

This weekend, at the bat mitzvah, we had our choice of chicken in a mushroom sauce, sole with steamed vegetables or filet mignon in a port wine reduction. I choose the filet!! I am a fish girl, and I went for the meat!!
WOW! Way to go girl!

I am a vegetarian (not a vegan) - culture thing- and I find it commendable that you have managed to do that!

For me it equals staying away from ice cream :-D
st said…
love your blog! thanks for the calorie burning info, also. i do bikram and have always wondered. have you seen kathy freston's book about going vegan? i really enjoyed it. again, great blog!
thedancingj said…
I approve!!!

J :)

Popular Posts