Carry-On Packing - This Shiz Just Got REAL!

The next few days are going to be all about traveling.  EEK!

  • Tomorrow: NYC for a meeting. Train there and back.
  • Friday through Monday: Toronto for Canadian Thanksgiving. Yeehaw!
  • Monday through Wednesday: Chicago for work.

I have about 2 hours and 45 minutes on Monday between when I land in Boston at Terminal E and have to be over at Terminal B for my flight to Chicago.  I had pondered going home quickly to switch bags... But with the rain lately, I don't want to risk it. So I have to pack enough on Friday to last me through next Wednesday.

And this is where we have a problem.

I loathe... LOATHE checking luggage. I will only do it if I am forced to. It is such a time suck. And lately my Tumi suitcase hasn't been reliable in making sure I don't ever have to check anything. It is a 'carry-on", however, shortly after I bought it, some of the airlines changed their carry-on measurements by "an inch here" and an "inch there." Which means my suitcase - my expensive suitcase - sometimes gets questioned at a gate. And I have to check it.

This very thing happened to me two weeks ago when I was in Chicago flying back to Boston. Waiting for luggage at Boston Logan really isn't fun. They have no installed TVs by baggage claim (in fact, they hang right over the carousel!) for one's amusement whilst they wait 30 minutes for baggage to be pulled out of the plane and loaded for owners.

So with this trip, I am packing my shiz LIGHT! This and a work bag are all I am taking to get me from Friday to Wednesday...


My Balenciaga Weekender. 

I did a test-run this afternoon... And I have everything in there I need. EVERYTHING! And there is NO WAY an airline can ding me for it...  Here's how it stacks up to my Tumi...


Smaller in every sense.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know this is a total invasion of privacy but out of pure interest can you share, if you don't mind, exactly how you pack for 6 days in such a compact bag. How many changes of clothes are in there or will you be doing laundry during the trip? Thanks :-)
Me said…
Of course!

Because I have access to a washer and dryer in Toronto... I will be washing clothes as I go. Therefore, I packed the following in the red bag:

Makeup
Curling Iron
Brush
4 pairs of underwear
2 pairs of leggings
1 pair of tights
1 pair of jeans
1 pair of Jimmy Choo flats
1 pair of knee-high boots
1 wrap top
1 white blouse
1 black over-sized sweater
1 over-sized striped sweater
3 pairs of socks
1 bra
1 pair of pajamas
1 necklace
3 bangles
2 leather bracelets
1 watch
1 blazer
Anonymous said…
Thank you! That is incredible. Knee high boots, sweaters and jeans in there. I think I need to get one of those bags, are you sure it didn't used to be owned by Mary Poppins!!
Me said…
Yes! A carpet bag!!!

Popular Posts