The Channing Desk.

Over a month ago I ordered a new desk for my apartment in Boston. I knew the one I wanted, and exactly where to get it: the Channing Desk from Jonathan Adler.

My favorite movie, I have recently decided, is All About Eve. If you haven't seen it, then your culture reference catalog is void of "fabulousness." Because this film (from 1950, starring Bette Davis) is FIERCE!

It is a story about a young ingenue who manipulates her foot in the door of the life of an aging stage star - Margo Channing (played by Davis). She becomes close to the aging star, and eventually cons her way into a part written for the star. The dialogue is genius. I seem to watch this movie about once a week lately. It's my "go to" for watching on a plane when I am traveling.

Anyways... When I was at the Jonathan Adler store some time ago, I came across this desk and recognized the name. I decided I "had" to have it. I needed a new desk. And this one was perfect.  More so than because it was a bright color...  The name told me it was a "sign" from the Universe.

Now, many weeks later, it has been delivered and put together...



It was quite dark out when I took these this evening. So you can't tell that it is a large desk. And sturdy. With lots of drawer space. (By my standards.)

Comments

Popular Posts