"You Have To Get Past Your Mental Blocks."

Well, duh.  But even as a teacher, I need to be reminded of this in class.

Very rough class this evening. Mental blocks everywhere. The noise is gone. I'm not having an internal dialogue in class - like I used to - where I am playing into my angry thoughts. But I am holding back in going deeper into postures. And I am allowing myself to give up out of habit. Following out.

But the mind has to workout and build up its strength too. It's not an easy launch into getting past mental blocks that are impeding a practice. It takes baby steps.

Just like with kicking out in Standing Head to Knee pose.


Comments

bikramyogachick said…
I'm going to bikram at 6 tonight after a 3 week hiatus. I've only been getting there once or twice a week as it is. I'm sure my practice will be shit! But I'm excited to go...I've missed my practice.

Popular Posts