Crisp Air Means It's "Granola Time."

I've never been apple picking. The last time I was at a pumpkin patch was when I was probably nine years old.

These are not "Fall" traditions for me.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes... Cinnamon Hot Chocolate... Spaghetti Squash Bolgonese... Butternut Squash Soup... These are my habits in Fall.

These and making granola.


I adapated my recipe from ones by Martha Stewart and the Barefoot Contessa a few years back. Tonight, as I was walking home from dinner, the crisp air and smell of firewood  let me know that it was time to make some again. So I cam right home and did so.


Yum!

And easy!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
  • 1 bag chopped walnuts
  • 1 bag of pecans (chop them up to equal sizes of the walnuts)
  • 2 tbsp of honey
  • 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
  • 1 cup flaked coconut


Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the oil and the honey together, till emulsified. Pour the oats in and get them coated in the mixture. Add in the nuts and mix together. Pour mixture into a baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, reaching in and tossing the mixture around to prevent it from burning. After 30 minutes, fold in the coconut and bake for another 10 minutes. Pull out and allow to cool.

Serve however you like. (I sprinkle it over Greek yogurt. The Husband pours coconut milk over a bowl full and eats like cereal with raspberries.)

Comments

Popular Posts