Maison 140 Art.

Walking about in weather like today's (90+ degrees and humid) is dangerous to your debit card. I walked the High Line with The Husband, then we went our own ways for the rest of the afternoon. This meant that while he want back to the apartment to watch Women's Beach Volleyball, I popped from shop to shop trying to keep cool between stretches of city blocks.

When I got Ninth Avenue, I walked past a cute little townhouse with all kinds of home decor items in the window.  These, in particular, caught my eye...


And if you know me, you know I definitely snatched a few of these up!

But while I was waiting to pay for them, a few pieces of wall art caught my eye. Mostly New York inspired, the prices didn't scare me. And I ended up also grabbing this...


Silkscreened Manhattan. It will look fantastic over my new fireplace in Boston.

The shop I popped in to and picked up these things is Maison 140 in Chelsea. If you venture over to the Meatpacking District or Chelsea Market, it's worth a visit to this shop a few blocks north.

Comments

Amy B said…
The Highline has to be one of the best if not THE best urban public parks in the nation. I was THRILLED when I heard we'd hired the designer to do the new waterfront park here in Seattle. Can't wait to see what he comes up with!
Simmm said…
Speaking of the High Line... Have you seen the Joseph Encinia shoot here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephencinia/sets/72157627512951858/

Amazing images and amazing postures of course.

Popular Posts