How I Spent My Afternoon.

I woke up at 3:30am for a 5:45am flight to move back West today. Even though I fell asleep immediately upon sitting down in my plane seat, I was still exhausted. But not too exhausted to NOT take the controls of this when it showed up at the airport to pick me up...


My new car!

My parents picked me up, just as they dropped me off 14 years ago when I moved to NYC, at the Tucson Airport. And they were kind enough to bring my car with them, which they had been watching for me for the past month and a half.

It was awesome to drive!

The last car I owned was a Pontiac Sunbird, from 1990. And it was bought used, obviously. And it didn't even have a tape deck in the dashboard. It had one of those "pull out" tape decks that people liked to install in the early 1990s.

But this new car I bought? Insanely tricked out! I don't even know what everything does, which is why I spent the afternoon doing this...


Reading through all of the various manuals that came with it.

I also spent a fair amount of time driving it too, though. I mean, I have to adjust to that new car smell. :)

And I'll get lots of driving in over the next few days... As I have a three hour drive to Phoenix to do on Monday for work*.  And then a five hour drive to San Diego on Wednesday.

Almost home.

*Yes. I have a job. In San Diego.

Comments

Popular Posts