Rome: St. Peter's Basilica & The Swiss Guard.

If you're a Catholic, I don't think there is any place more magical for you than St. Peter's Square and Basilica.


Similar to how I feel about the "vortexes of energy" in Sedona, AZ and Encinitas, CA, I find St. Peter's to be a source of loving energy. So much beauty and people in high spirits. It's difficult not to be in awe of it... No matter what you believe.


The Basilica is a majestic structure. I won't ever feel any differently about it each time I walk up to the columns of the entrance...


Gilded ceilings and long archways...


Ornately carved doors...


This scene tells of St. Peter's trials...


It reminds me of my favorite card in the Tarot deck, The Hanged Man.

Passing inside to the Basilica gives me chills.


Ornaments and details on things I have taken pictures of all before...


But still could look at a million times over again...


Always noticing some new detail...


Or recalling something I forgot...


This time, we got to see the changing of the Swiss Guard...


I'm fascinated by the dedication of the small collection of qualified candidates for the job. 


I'm also fascinated by their commitment to the uniform, after hundreds of years.

The changing of the guard was something new for me to watch.

Comments

Popular Posts