Rome: Hot Lovin' At Castel Sant Angelo.

It was a long morning, walking through the Vatican and St. Peter's. We were starving and dehydrated. So following a quick lunch (of pizza and fruit) we walked on to the "Angel Castle" next to the Vatican.



We could have just gone back to our hotel... But the castle is old and has great views.

It also has a few statues of Archangel Michael watching over it...



The views...


Spectacular.



The magic of beauty can also be found inside of the castle, in it's rooms.

There are many gilded and painted ceilings...


And a a rare magical spotting of a unicorn!


Who knew religious art could be silly? 

But the most silly thing of all were birds that I found on one of the viewpoints outside...


Look at the passion in their eyes! Intense glares...


And passionate kisses, even with their eyes closed!


Very sweet...


I feel like if I hadn't been there, snapping away with my camera, they would have gotten "it" on.

But because I was there, the she in the couple wasn't having it...


And I wonder why birds are against me?

After about an hour and a half, we wrapped our time at the castle and walked across the angel bridge...


And headed back to our hotel.

Comments

Popular Posts