Rome: Everything We Ate Or Drank.

There wasn't a bad meal in Rome. Personally, I think it is impossible to have a "bad" meal. I certainly had some "bad" service in Rome (one meal took nearly three hours... And one of those hours was waiting for our food, then another hour was us waiting to get our check)... But every meal was delicious.

Absolutely amazing and delicious.

My first meal in Rome was a late lunch, by myself.

I went for artichokes served Roman style...


I don't typically like artichokes. But these were very light and had a citrusy flavor. Really enjoyable!

My main course for lunch was epic...


Bucatini all'Amatricana. Hallow spaghetti-type pasta with tomato sauce, bacon and onion.

(You should be jealous.)

Every breakfast we had was a croissant with a cappuccino...



Some croissants were better than others. But the cappuccinos never failed to be absolutely amazing.

Lunch was always this...


Pizza with mozzarella and proscuitto. We'd share one. Best pizza in the world. 

Cocktail hour is essential in most European cities. And in the Summertime, when it's hot, you go for something deliciously cold. And in Rome, for Red and I, it was always an Aperol Spritz...


It may look "sweet"... But it was refreshing and had a bitter taste to it. 


The place where we were staying, which is usually where we had our cocktail, served our drinks with a little plate of nibbles...


After one drink, we'd be off to dinner...

And it always involved wine...



Delicious, delicious Italian red wine.

My favorite thing to start with is always this...


Proscuitto and mozzarella, if it's available.  But when not... Relying on the artichoke never failed...


This one was "Jewish style"... Fried. We had it a dinner in the Jewish Quarter of the city. It was perfect.

The main course was always pasta. Always...






You never tire of it. Ever. Not when it is made so perfectly.

We didn't eat dessert most nights. But one night we did cave, because Red had never been to Italy and had never tried real gelato...


I had my standard pistachio and coconut...


She wasn't disappointed with her cup of marble.

Everything we ate was pure heaven.

Comments

Popular Posts