I Finally Unpacked All That Wine...

The thing about becoming a recent collector of wine is that I don't drink wine as much as I did on the East Coast.

I know. How sad.

It's mostly because of the whole driving thing. If I am driving, I will have only one glass. And even then, I'll be drinking water with it. So I don't actually drink the whole thing. Yes, I am paranoid about drinking anything and driving. So it's just best not to do it.

Which means most of my participation in libations comes from a glass at home, before bedtime, when I know I am done driving for the day. Even then, I'm not finishing even a bottle a week.  This will likely change as I settle more into living here. Perhaps once I get my own place and have all of my stuff in it, rather than renting a furnished place. But in the meantime, this has become display art in my apartment...


My lovely wine collection, all from Bordeaux.

Twenty-seven bottles of lovely vintages ranging from 1982 to 2011.

The one I am looking forward to having sometime this year is this one...


Preferably with something salty. Like a roasted chicken.

And two vintages from my favorite vineyard...


Red blends! That's what all wines from Bordeaux are. I'll wait a few years to drink them.

These are drinkable over the next few years...


They're from my first trip in April to the region. And they make up most of what I have in my collection.

And here's the oldest (and most expensive) one from my collection...


I should drink it in the not too distant future. But I will need a good reason to open it. So until then, it will wait.

But clearly, I need to invest in a small wine fridge. I can't keep these stored on my countertop. They need the proper environment to lie down in here.

So off to research wine fridges I go...

Comments

Popular Posts