"From The Corner Room At The Carlyle... Everyone Loves New York."

Rare are the occasions that I get to see my friends (Bail & Frogger) from Boston. But as fate would have it, they both were able to schedule business meetings here in NYC that coincided with the end of my first full week at my new job.

This meant it was time for celebration and catching up.  Naturally.

So to be indulgent, we booked a table at the Cafe Carlyle, inside the Carlyle Hotel. It's a supper club that features classic talent, performing cabaret style.  And the night we went, we were treated to Elaine Stritch's reflective and inspirational portrait of her life.

Why Elaine Stritch?  Because she is a sassy old broad!



Elaine loves New York. As do I. And her show was a joy to watch.  Well worth the money, listening to her sing Stephen Sondheim's works and drinking champagne.

Comments

Popular Posts