Two Buck Chuck.

My most favorite thing about being back in the States is the cost of groceries. More specifically... Trader Joe's.

All through university, I had access to a TJ's... But I never went to it. It was on the "other side of town" and it just wasn't convenient.  In Boston, I shopped there maybe twice... Preferring Whole Foods.  

Then I moved to Canada, and saw expensive groceries really were. Holy crap! 

While away at Teacher Training last Fall, I rediscovered rader Joe's. Like nearly all of the other yogis and yoginis at #BKTT, on Saturdays I would hit the aisles of TJ's to do my weekly grocery shopping. Then, after 9 weeks in lovely San Diego, I headed back to the Great White North. And back to expensive groceries.

High quality groceries. But expensive.

Now that I am back in NYC, I am lucky enough to live around the corner from the TJ's.  And I am a mere 10 minute walk from another one that has a Trader Joe's Wine Shop attached to it. Score!

Even more of a score, as I have now had a chance to try out the legendary "Two Buck Chuck"...


I picked up a Charles Shaw Pinot Grigio.  I am not a fan of white wine. And seeing as this bottle was only $2.99 (thus the name), I figured I couldn't go wrong.  It was low risk.  And quite frankly, I buy one cup of coffee each day that costs more than that.

I got it home. Chilled it. And tried it this evening.

It was delicious.

Well worth the risk. Tempted to stock up and get some delivered to store in the mini wine fridge in my apartment. Though, I just don't see myself drinking white wine enough to necessitate a few bottles always lying around.  And I don't see myself taking it to a party as a gift for the hostess.

But it is absolutely delicious.  Yum.

Comments

fashionninja said…
Good to know this. Someone told me that Trader Joe's was a good place to go for wines. Like you I prefer red wine. I may try this one. Hope your doing well.
fashionninja said…
This is good to know. There's nothing like good cheap wine, and like you I prefer red wine. I may have to try this Chuck wine. Hope your doing well.

Popular Posts