I Was Tricked. It Was A Treat.

My thighs are killing me today. It hurts to sit down.  As I descend to get myself into a chair (or into Second and Third part of Awkard pose - like in tonight's Bikram class), my thighs spasm and cry out in pain.

What caused this?

A man who tricked me.

The hottest ticket each Sunday at my gym is the 11am Spin class.  It's called "TranscendCycle."  I assumed, because of the name, that it would be a more peaceful version of the Spin class I sometimes take on Saturday mornings.  

Boy was I eff-ing wrong.

I walked into class, up to the bike I book for each class (number 34!) and get myself situated. I see a highly stylized gay man walking around helping everyone.  He is tall. Buff.  Black.  And super sweet.

But that sugar and spice niceness only lasted till he turned on the music and kicked the class into high gear.

Before you knew it... he was screaming at you to "run" on your bike.  That meant, "Stand up on your bike the entire class, peddling as hard as possible while occasionally turning up the tension on your bike."

I had to laugh, because I thought this would be a "zen-like" experience in a spin class.  

And now, my thighs are so tired.

I'll definitely be going back.

Comments

Popular Posts