About the Missus...

Ok... Here I go.

I'm a "20-something" gal living in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Specifically, Boston's South End neighborhood. I refer to myself as a "20-something" because in reality, I'm very close to being the "new kind of 20" that I can't really say I'm in my "20s" for too much longer. And to be honest, I can't wait to be out of my 20s. Mostly because as fun as my 20s have been, I'm ready to hit the next milestone and start a new phase of my life.

So what has my life become in the past decade?

Graduated from a university in the Southwest in 1999 with degrees in Journalism and Media Arts.

Tried to hack it in television news, but lacked the passion and the drive.

Quit job in television news to wait tables at a steak house. (Kicked ass as a waitress. Loved it.)

Went NYC for vacation for my 23rd b-day to visit my one friend who loved there. Went on one job interview there. Moved to NYC three weeks later with a suitcase and a trunk. Found a permanent place to love in Brooklyn. (Brooklyn rocks.)

Had numerous careers in NYC:

  • Financial Publicist
  • Beauty, Health & Fitness Publicist
  • Personal Assistant to a CEO at a Tech Company
  • Bridal Consultant with a well-known media company

(Didn't really like any of these careers. They were just jobs.)

Went on many first dates. MANY first dates.

Got dragged to a bar one night five years ago by friends. Met a guy. Dated him for 2.5 years. He proposed. He made me leave my beloved NYC for Boston. We married in 2004.

Moved to Boston in 2003. Picked up a job in search marketing. Surprisingly, love search marketing.

Work for a full-service agency in Boston. I walk to work everyday. It's a sweet thing.

In my free time, I am into the following:

  • Reading various forms of cheeky novels, oh and like 10 fashion magazines a month.
  • Shoe shopping.
  • Bag shopping.
  • Bikram yoga. (Torture!)
  • Reading other blogs online.
  • Organizing my clothing and accessories
    inventory.

So what is going to be different in my next phase of my life? Hopefully, motherhood. Later this year (in the summer) I want to become pregnant. If I become pregnant this summer, the baby will be born around my "20+10" birthday in April 2007.

So, with the new commitment of a baby... There will be less time for all the things I like doing in my spare time. But I'm excited for the trade-off.

It's funny. If you had asked me 8 months ago if I wanted children, I would have screamed "NO!" Life can be quirky though. And you wake up one day wanting something you thought you hated.

And right now... I want to finish watching "Project Runway."

G'night! Sweet dreams.

Comments

Popular Posts