Guys' Weekend. The Missus's Weekend.

I find it funny that my husband and all his college friends chose this weekend to have their annual "Guys' Weekend" back in their college town of Kingston, Ontario.

Leave it to my husband to forget that today is an anniversary of ours. Five years ago today, in a dark, sketchy club in NYC, we met. I was dragged there by friends who promised there would be no cover. Of course "our connection" wasn't at the door when we arrived and we each had to cough up $20 to get in to the dank space. I was bored out of my mind and already drunk from the last bar we were at. I was done for the night. But it was only 1 am and my friends wanted to keep going. I ended up getting introduced to my husband by mutual friends. A week later we went on our first date. We picked up coffee at Starbucks and walked around Grand Central Station.

That sounds a bit romantic. You would think an important moment in his life (like meeting his future wife) would be something he remembers and wants to celebrate. Instead, though, he decides to spend the weekend with his college friends drinking in old college bars and playing indoor sports.

Who am I kidding? I'd make the same choice if my friends and I planned a weekend away. Although our weekend wouldn't involve sports. It would definitely involve alcohol. But probably girlie things... Like facials, yoga sessions, shopping and book club meetings.

The husband owes me big for missing such a momentous day in our history. Ideally, I'd like a pair of the Strappy d'Orsay Sandals by Manolo Blahnik. But when I go to make my argument with the hubbie, I will probably get laughed at.

So, instead of having a romantic weekend with my husband, I am going to do girlie things and clean my house. The girlie things will include:

I'm starting to think this will be a better weekend than if my husband was here celebrating with me.

Ouch!

Comments

Popular Posts