Day 11: Why Am I So Freakin' Tired????

For the past two days, I have been so exhausted. So exhausted I can barely move.

"What's the deal?" I thought. "I'm supposed to have energy from all the yoga."

When I got to my yoga class this afternoon, I heard others talking about the 30-day challenge. Most everyone else is on day four; as they started this past Monday. Because I started last Monday (the 16th), I am on day eleven. When I told "J", one of the teachers, that she said, "Oh... That's about the time when it gets REALLY FUN."

Apparently, as I learned today, around days 10 through 15, you get really exhausted. According to "B," another teacher, when you do a 30-day challenge; you're body is consistently compressing certain parts of your body everyday - which it isn't used to doing. Especially with women, you are compressing your thyroid in certain postures... And you don't normally do that. Not everyday anyway. And the thyroid is the part of your body that helps stabilize your metabolism as well as your hormones. Which explains why I am so exhausted.

It's supposed to get better around day 15 o 16 though. :)

Comments

Sarah said…
Well that would really suck for me then, since I have a thyroid disease that feeling of "overwhelming exhaustion" is what I feel everyday. I can't imagine if it got any worse.

GOOD LUCK with your challenge!
Chris Wight said…
hehehehe, compressing your thyroid...

There's a blowjob joke in there somewhere...
Me said…
OH! We don't talk about such subject matter on the Common Ground.
Chris Wight said…
I know you miss my juvenile sense of humor.

Popular Posts