I'm Out.

Many of you who know me personally know of my woes about the obscene number of hours I work... And how unhappy I have been about it... And I had hoped a change was on the horizon...

Well... It was made clear to me this week that despite a long-overdue promotion, a change was NOT on the horizon in the long hours I work. So in the interest of one of the most important things to me ("my life"), I have decided that I need a short break.

Since the day I graduated from high school many years ago, I have not had a break. I always worked at least 20 hours a week through college (on top of school and internships) and I have always had jobs that required more than 40 hours a week (for many years, I even had TWO jobs)... So I decided on Monday that I am taking a break from working for a while.

Though, I am not one to just abandon people... I have given almost 3 months notice. There are many projects on my plate; and I will not just dump them on other people.

So 2007 will start off with me getting into my "yoga" groove, writing every day and cooking healthy meals every day... Because I will finally have time to do things like this.

No more 50+ hour work weeks!!!! Yay!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You go girl!!

Popular Posts