A Coffee Table Found.

I have the best husband.

This is a fact you must understand. And one you must accept. Because you can not deny it. I could go on an on with all the reasons why he is the best. But I will keep it brief here and only list the things he has done for me while I am away at Bikram Yoga teacher training.
  1. Fixed the TV system in the basement.
  2. Got a plumber in to finally fixed the main floor powder room sink.
  3. Had the water guy come out and turn off the back garden pipes for winter.
  4. Fixed the garage lights.
  5. Is (or so I am being told) keeping my plants alive.
  6. Finally called the security company to get the old security system the previous owners had on the house (which was going off all the time) overhauled.
  7. Found a coffee table to go in the guest suite.
Items 1 through 6 are huge accomplishments. They are all things that when BOTH of us were at the house, we kept putting off and getting side tracked from finishing. But I go out of town for a month, and he somehow finds the energy to get all this stuff done?

I am IMPRESSED!

A good number of these things require him taking time off from work to get them done. So it's even more impressive. Normally we switch off being home to get things done. I owe him just for these. But for Item number 7? I owe him BIG.

I have been looking for a coffee table for months. Months! I scoured shabby chic shops looking for the perfect glass coffee table to go with my Kennedy sofa in the seating area of the guest suite. But I couldn't find anything.

Well, The Husband gets bored one evening... Because I am not around... And ends up finding the perfect coffee table online.


This is exactly what I was looking for! You would think it would be easy to find. But there are a lot of shoddy versions out there. I plan on ordering it when I get back to Toronto.

I never knew The Husband was so organized! I should go out of town more often!

Comments

Kimberley said…
This is probably not the right place to leave this comment, but since you love dream interpretation, let's see what you think this means (hopefully not that I am creepy stalker).

So, last night I had this dream that I met you and asked for your autograph. You then asked me if there was one piece of advice I could give you, what would it be and I told you to change the tag at the bottom of each blog post to read "Somebody bring me some Hamm" (like Jon).

Who knew my subconscious was so witty?
Me said…
LOL!!!!

The "Somebody bring me some ham" is from 30 Rock. Liz Lemon talks about how she used to dream of being famous as a child and she could have people bring her ham.

She sings, "I'm a star! I'm on top! Somebody bring me some ham!"

When you dream of asking someone for their autograph, it typically means there is something about that person that you admire. (THanks! If that is at all true.)

When you dream that you are giving someone advice, it means you have knowledge to share.

Perhaps you should start a blog yourself? If you don't already have one... Would be a great way to share your knowledge.
Dan said…
Nice coffee table. I don't think I would have done this well.

Popular Posts