I Can't Escape Owls.

Can we, as a civilized society, stop projecting this idea that owls are "awesome" and "cute"?

Because they're not, people! They are not!

I am worked up again. I was staring out my apartment window this morning, into the drizzly rain and fog... And I noticed this...


Not sure what it is? Here's a closer look...


Your eyes aren't deceiving you... It is an owl.

I had never noticed it before, but the building across the street has a statue of an owl on it. I watched it for a while. Then left the window. Then came back hours later. It is not a real owl. That is for sure. But I greatly dislike that it is there.

It's like it is "keeping an eye" on me.

Comments

Chris Wight said…
The owls... are not what they seem.
Amy B. said…
It's likely been placed there to scare off other smaller birds (pigeons or starlings for instance) which destroy buildings, leave debris, and are a general nuisance.
Me said…
Well it is scaring the hell out of me!!!

Popular Posts