Creating A Second Home: I Miss My Books.

I've been residing in Boston for almost six full months now.

Time is flying!

But it's only in the past few weeks that I've felt that things have started to settle. And I find myself staring at the walls and shelves of our apartment thinking, "This place isn't as cozy as the Toronto house."

I find myself constantly wishing I had certain things from the house in TO down in Boston. Most of all... My fashion and art books.



I didn't realize how much time I spent looking at these things in my home office in TO. I think some people buy these books for decoration... But I found them useful for spawning creativity. Peeking into the imaginations of brilliant people... I'm completely in awe and jealous. But at the same time, flipping through these books I would find myself feeling better about the small wisps of creativity that do come from my imagination...

It takes a lot of confidence to share what's happening in your brain's vision with the world.

These books make me want to push out every little thing I create in my mind. At some point, something I produce is bound to be worthwhile.

And since I find myself spending the majority of my time in Boston lately, I think it's time to pack some of these up and bring them down.

Comments

Popular Posts