Healthy Dish For The Weak: Zucchini Lasagna.

As a result my body's reaction to wheat lately, I decided to try a recipe I had repeatedly seen pinned over on Pinterest...


At least, that's what I am calling it. It's lasagna made without the noodles, and in place you use thinly sliced zucchini.


Yep. In order to make this, I had to bust out a mandoline. And if you've been a reader for more than three years, you may recall the great Mandoline Pinky Finger Tip Amputation of 2009. After that, I swore to The Husband I would never use one of them again.

Looks like I lied. Oh well.


Anyhow, you make the lasagna the same way you normally would, but just layer the sliced zucchini instead. And I find ricotta cheese to be absolutely disgusting... So I just omit that altogether. I layer the zucchini with a meat sauce I made yesterday. And then I baked it in the oven - covered with foil - for about an hour. This allowed the zucchini to soften and cook.


 I then took the foil off and turned the broiler on "Hi" to brown the mozzarella on the top.


Very easy, though you do need a good amount of cooking time.  And now, this will last me a few days. I should really think about making this for The Husband to feed on for days...

Comments

Meghann said…
You can sub cottage cheese in place of ricotta cheese for a healthier alternative if you would like. Tends to be a little higher on the sodium content but you don't notice a taste difference. I do it with stuffed shells.
Me said…
Good point, Meghann!

Popular Posts