I Want These Abs Back.

As I was going through my stuff this weekend in the Toronto house, I found some old pictures of my time in Brooklyn from back in the day. ("The Day" being in 2000.) And I found one that I absolutely DIED over finding...


That's me an my friend A at a party he and his girlfriend (now wife) threw in Williamsburg.  And when I look at it, I can't help but laugh... Because we were so campy. But I also wish for one thing...

THOSE ABS!

I don't even know HOW I had those abs. I went to them gym like twice a week back then. And at the time, I didn't think they were that great. I wanted better abs, but didn't want to put in the work. Now, I WISH I had those abs. Desperately!

In fact, I am going to show this photo to my trainer and say, "I want these. Make me do whatever I have to."

Oh the silliness of youth. If only we knew how good we had it back then.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are SO right! I've found journals from college where I wrote, "lose 10 pounds, thinner thighs", and now i look back at pics and I. WAS. SKINNY. Sad that back then as normal girls we didn't get that. -Rhodes
Anonymous said…
Appreciate your body now because in another 13 years you will wish you had it. And so on and so on....
Me said…
Excellent advice!

Popular Posts