Solo At Mumford... WORTH IT!

Last night was EPIC!

Three months ago I paid a nice sum of money for a single ticket in an excellent seat to see one of my favorite "new folksy" bands, Mumford & Sons. (It was partially because of them I wanted to pick up the banjo, if I may confess.)


No one else I knew wanted to see the concert. The Husband would have gone with me, but we knew he'd be in Toronto and unable to get here for a weekday concert. So I bought just a single ticket on faith that it would be a concert worth seeing alone.  And it was.

IT SO WAS!


This band is genuine. To the core. They sound exactly the same live as they do recorded.

Wait... No. THEY SOUND BETTER!!!


It was such a good time. And the mix in the crowd was awesome to see.  Old. Young. And I even sat next to a guy who also came solo, as his girlfriend wasn't really interested in seeing them either. And I noticed throughout the night that there were other people who appeared to be there alone as well.

WE ARE SUCH AWESOMELY SMART PEOPLE!

I had friends who had seen them a few years ago, when they were starting out, in smaller venues.

"I don't know if they'll be good in a large venue like the TD Garden," they said... After having played The Middle East night club the last time they were here.

Well... They were. Absolutely.

Definitely the best concert I've been to. And I will go see them again.

Comments

thedancingj said…
Yesss.... I saw them live at Bonnaroo and it was one of the best shows I have EVER seen!

Now it turns out that my lovely new boyfriend had a) never HEARD of Mumford and b) doesn't think they're any good, so I may be going solo too the next time they come through town!

Popular Posts