Healthy Dish For The Weak: Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad.

I love kale. And in the past year - especially the past seven months - I haven't consumed nearly enough of it. Traveling to far destinations, it wasn't exactly a highlighted item on menus. 

But being home in Sunny California, I have plenty of access to greens. On menus and at grocery stores. And discovering new recipes to make with it is exciting!  This morning, as I drank my coffee and perused Pinterest before work, I discovered this recipe...


A gorgeous green bundle of:
  • Shredded Kale
  • Shredded Brussels Sprouts
  • Tahini
  • White Wine Vinegar
  • Maple Syrup
  • Red Pepper Flakes
  • Miso
  • Sea Salt
  • Water
  • Sliced Shallots
  • Chopped Pancetta
  • Shaved Parmesan

The recipe on Pinterest doesn't have pancetta and shallots. But a few years ago I made a Brussels sprouts, balsamic vinegar and pancetta mix that I spooned over sun-dried tomato pasta. It was epic. To make the salad, just follow the Pinterest recipe, but omit the almonds... And saute pancetta and shallots to go into it.

Such a beautiful combination this is...


Look at that vibrant green color, speckled with red and white!


Really... I love kale...


The salad should serve two. I had to force myself to stop eating halfway through the serving dish.


It will be even more tasty tomorrow, after the leaves have been marinating with the tahini mixture. I can't wait!

Comments

Popular Posts