Healthy Dish For The Weak: Slow-Cooked Ginger Pork.

A few weeks back I discovered the ancient crock pot from the 1980s hidden in back of a cabinet in the kitchen of this cottage rental.  I was in heaven! I had neglected having my slow cooker shipped with my few essentials (coffee machine, Nespresso machine, wine, shoe collection, bag collection...) here.

I used my discovery to improvise a pork tenderloin recipe.


Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin (about a pound)
1 white onion, quartered
1 inch of ginger
5 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of fish sauce
1/2 cup of coconut aminos
1 1/2 cup of beef broth (you could use chicken broth)


Directions:
  1. Put the onion in the slow cooker.
  2. Place the pork tenderloin on top of it.
  3. Puree the ginger, garlic, aminos, and fish sauce in a blender.
  4. Pour the puree over the pork, then pour in the broth.
  5. Slow cook for about 8-9 hours on Low.


When pulled out of the slow cooker, it easily falls a part. I used it for mini tostadas that I topped with guacamole.


I don't understand why everyone does not own one of these things. Slow cookers are the best!

Comments

Popular Posts