Kale Smoothie & The Vitamix.

About two years ago I developed a really good recipe for a Kale Smoothie. It tasted great and contained about two large handfuls of kale leaves. But while it tasted yummy, the color was a little off-putting.  Despite there being berries also in the smoothie, my blender couldn't break everything down so that the colors could pop.  Like this...


No... Mine would come out green. It looked scary but tasted great. But after putting together my "Appliance Budget" for my new place, I decided to finally splurge on this...


A Vitamix blender. One of the really serious ones... The Pro Series 500.

You can use it to make a ton of things... Smoothies, soups, bread...

Most of the time, it will be used to make smoothies for me. And this morning I tested it out on my Kale Smoothie recipe.

In went the coconut water. (About a cup.)


Then I layered in one banana, the two handfuls of chopped kale, 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple, 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries...


The Vitamix broke it all down in just a few seconds. It pulverized it all. And I ended up with a gorgeous red...


Yum! Now I don't fear coming across large chunks of kale leaf as I gulp it down. In fact, I don't have to gulp it down! I can sip it!

And no creepy green color.

Comments

SM said…
The VitaMix was one of THE best house investments I made. Soup making is a breeze. It's also super easy to make nut butters, and even nut milk. (I swear I don't work for the company, ha ha ha). Opened up a whole new world. Thanks for the smoothie recipe. Will definitely try it out!

Popular Posts