Pumpkin Spice Casserole... The Most "White Girl" Thing I've Ever Made.

When I come to Phoenix, because I get to stay with family... I feel it necessary to make a meal or two as a contribution.

Plus, I am a pretty decent cook. So really, it's one of the best things I can offer as a "thank you."

And this evening finds me at my sister's place... Where I prepped a casserole for dinner tomorrow night.

A Pumpkin Spice Casserole.

Who doesn't love Pumpkin Spice-flavored stuff? To quote my friend who came with me to Peru last month... "Heather, the most 'typical white girl' thing about you is your love of Pumpkin Spice Lattes."

And that is true. I do enjoy Pumpkin Spice Lattes form Starbucks. But I have only had SIX of them all season. That's a record low for me.

I don't actually enjoy the flavor on anything else. But I do love pumpkin ravioli with a sage-spiced sauce. Usually I pair it with an aged Gouda grated over top. But I found many recipes mixing pumpkin with Parmesan. And that's from where I adapted my recipe below.

Ingredients:
Pound of penne
1 can of pumpkin puree
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of grated Parmesan (Actual cheese. Not the horrid green can stuff.)
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
2 minced shallots
1 tablespoon chopped sage
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of salt


It's pretty easy to assemble.

Cook the pasta.

While it is cooking, saute the sage,shallots and garlic for a few minutes over medium high heat.


Add in the pumpkin, cream and grated cheese and turn down to low.


Once pasta is done cooking, reserve 1/2 cup of the water. Drain the rest of the water from the pasta. Pour the pasta into the pan with the other ingredients, adding the reserved pasta water. Stir and coat the pasta.

Pour it all into a casserole dish.


Tomorrow night, it'll go in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees, covered with foil... And then be ready to eat.

YUM!

Comments

Popular Posts