Renovation: Putting Those Walls Back Up... And Furniture!

I wasn't expecting anything to be going on at my place this week, after having passed the rough inspection yesterday. But I walked into the place this afternoon to a young gentleman putting up this...


The insulation!

This is the landing at the top of the stairs. Or, it was. Now it's a closed-off wall for my new closet and bathroom.

And the new bathroom had part of it's insulation up too...


By the time I left at the end of the day, the new bathroom was completely closed off.

Having it go up helps it feel like a home to me.

I can visualize walking into my new bathroom and closet space from my bedroom...


And soaking in the tub at the end of the day...


And my office!


Finally... A closed-off wall where there had been a massive mirrored closet before!

It was nice to have the whole house sealed off in some way...



No more open wall spaces to the outside. Sure, it's not completely secure. But it's up. And next week there will be dry wall. DRYWALL!!!

So I've taken the walls down... Gutted everything... And am now rebuilding.

It's a beautiful process.

Also beautiful?

Having furniture in the place.

Okay... Maybe not in the place...


But how great is this? Patio furniture!


I actually have a place to sit when I go over there now. 

Comments

Popular Posts