Bikram 101 Rules.

Wow!

It appears that we Bikram yoginis and yogis all are in sync! So many of us had the idea to do a 101-day challenge at the start of the new year.

Go us!

We're going to be creating a blog, Facebook group, Twitter profile and widget for everyone who wants to participate or follow in the challenge. As we work on that over the next month, I wanted to get this going by surveying all the Bikramites on what we wanted the "official rules" to be for this 101-day challenge.

Thoughts?

Here are mine:
  1. Doubles count. So do triples, quadruples, quintuples...
  2. No home practice. You must practice in a studio. A certified Bikram studio.
  3. Advanced classes count. I know so many people who like to do at least one advanced class a week. It should totally count, as it has all of the 26 beginning postures in it.
  4. Challenge starts on January 1st and ends on April 11th.
Does anyone have anything to add, or problems with this list so far? Those of us who have been chatting about this in the past day really love that this is a student-driven challenge. We're all pumped up for it!

Comments

bikramarian said…
I'm so excited! This will be great inspiration for me. I don't think I'll be able to do the challenge myself due to my schedule, but I want to go as much as often during that time (maybe get in a good 70-80 classes). Can't wait to follow along on all your progress.
bikramyogachick said…
The rules are good! Lets connect via facebook and get the blog ideas started. A facebook group is a great idea too! I'm going to copy the rules and announce them in my post tonight too. Let's drum up some challengers!
btw: you are slacking a bit on the PSL's I noticed. :)
Unknown said…
Good luck, everyone! I am looking forward to reading all about your experiences. I may even join in. I'm still trying to figure out my commitments.

Regarding the doubles, etc. In our studio, they limit the number of allowable multiples.
Mary said…
The only problem I foresee is that on Jan 1, a lot of studios might be closed! But perhaps that just means one automatic day of doubles for some people. Anyway, i'm excited!
Marzz said…
I agree that doubles, etc.. will have to count. My studio will be closed on Jan 1, so I'll start on Dec 31 so I can end on April 11. Hope that's ok. Keep us posted on the facebook group.

Missus, you have the best taste btw. I used the lulu gym bag on my trip to Paris when I bought the Longchamp Pliage tote, caved in to the the dry clean only Banana cardi, and I've gotta have that Balenciaga bag. You're my much younger, caucasian, bikram loving double! If only I lived in Yorkville. Love the blog!
Me said…
LOL! Thanks Marlazz!

Though, technically, I am Mexican (Hispanic). But I inherited my whiteness from my Mum. LOL!
L.Z. said…
Hey--I'm new to your blog. Saw a link to the challenge, and it looks really interesting! I used to practice Bikram yoga almost every day but haven't practiced regularly in a while--I may consider this challenge for next year!
Me said…
YAY! I encourage you to do it LZ!!!
Vanessa said…
This sounds so cool!
I'm practicing in Amsterdam. My studio doesn't have an official 101 challenge, but I'd like to participate in this one! I work shifts, but I think it should be doable.
Practice after of before a nightshift... hmmm...
I will have to start on the 31st of do a double on the 2nd, my studio is closed on the 1st.
Me said…
Cool Vanessa!

And which Bikram studio in Amsterdam to you practice at? I got the chance to practice at the Centrum location when I was visiting the city back in April. Such a beautiful studio!!!
Vanessa said…
That's the one! @ Ceintuurbaan.
Very cool that you've visited Amsterdam and were able to practice here.
Vanessa said…
Oh by the way... I was mistaken I'm not at the centrum location, but at location 'de Pijp', according to the website. Which is weird since my location is closer to the actual city center...

Anyway....
:p
L @ sanslimites said…
I want to play! How do I do this?

Popular Posts