"What Do You Want For Christmas?"

These are words I hate to love hearing.

I'm not big on "surprises." In fact, I hate them. Even if they are awesomely wonderful surprises. For as long as I can remember, I've never been one to love them. I like knowing what's coming... Good or bad. But last night at dinner, The Husband surprised me with the dreaded question...

"What do you want for Christmas?"

The reason I hate this question (this year at least) if that I have no freaking clue what I want from him. Most of the material things I see and write about on this blog are all things I intend to buy myself, as soon as I have earned my millions of dollars myself. And every year, when he asks me this question, I have to scramble to get together a list of things for him to choose from for me.

I already know what I am getting him... And no, I won't write about it here because he occasionally reads this blog. But I will list out a few ideas for him for me.

Universal Health Care in the U.S.
He has no power or influence in helping the U.S. achieve affordable heath care for all its citizens (as I firmly believe health care is a right, and not a privilege)... And he technically has helped one American (me) achieve it by moving me to a foreign country where it is functioning. But maybe he could send some good vibes and thoughts and energy out into the Universe for it to become a possibility in the U.S. (Though, I am sure he wants me to list out some tangible things.)

So here goes... My "dream" Christmas list. (You know... Stuff I would love... But realize there is no way in hell I will get it, as we have a mortgage now.)



These are classic! What girl wouldn't love to unwrap a box and see these in there?




Swoon! What an amazing "work bag"! You can easily fit a laptop and some Bikram clothes in there!




There is a store nearby that has this top. I have walked by it many times. It is incredible, and would look great under a blazer or soft cashmere cardi.





Ever since seeing The September Issue, I have been craving Anna Wintour's work wear. In almost every scene, I saw her wearing a printed dress of some kind. She looked amazing. And this dress would go very well with my Miss Dior Gladiators.




There. Are. No. Words. Just. One. Word. LOVE!




This one, out all the things on my "dream" list is very much going to stay a dream. There is no way I would ever be able to convince The Husband to get on a plane to Bora Bora. But it is a beautiful place, which I will visit some day, probably by myself.

Comments

Yates said…
I want the loubies!
Me said…
LOL! Yeah.. If there was one item out of the entire list that I think could ever be a possibility... It's the Loubies.
Lindy B said…
Missus - I'm with you on dreaming of a Bora Bora vacation. I was just mentioning this to my boyfriend yesterday. It's on my list, too, though it'll take a while of saving before I can get there. Oh, how beautiful it is! :-)
I'll take one of each PLEASE!

Popular Posts