I Can Sympathize.

One of my favorite online reads is Opinionistas.com. Very enjoyable and fun to read. I was catching up on my reading of it while at home sick yesterday, and came across this entry on digging through the ice cream in the freezer and eating all the chunky add-ins that get put in it.

My husband has this exact complaint of me and my ice cream habits as well. Whenever I get a pint of Phish Food, I di through it for the caramel and chocolate chunks. I don't really eat the ice cream. With a pint of Cherry Garcia, I only go for the chocolate chunks too. Same with pistachio ice cream. I like a little ice cream and a lot of pistachios.

My argument to my husband would be (and has been) exactly that of Opinionistas... I did the grocery shopping and picked up the flavor of ice cream I wanted, so I get to do with it what I want. I don't like the flavors of ice cream I buy for him and don't touch them. But I can do what I want with the ones I buy for me.

It also bothers him when I buy neapolitan-flavored ice cream (which I LOVE) and only eat the chocolate and strawberry sections of it. I leave the vanilla section because it is very, very boring. But I don't know what the big deal is... He likes vanilla. He should be happy I left it for him.

Comments

Popular Posts