The Lunch of Champions!

You know how you get in a "total groove" with your work sometimes and forget completely about lunch?

Well, that never happens to me. Sorta.

If I don't remind myself at about 11:30am to eat lunch each day, I won't eat until dinner. I caught myself today though... At 12:30pm I noticed the time and relaized I ahdn't lunched yet. I mentally told myslef "I got it at 1pm."

Then, before I knew it, it was 2pm. And I told myself, "Self, eat in the next 15 minutes because the caff downstairs closes in 30 minutes."

Next thing I know, it's 3pm and I'm chatting with someone who was telling me about this wicked hot girl he saw when he was out at lunch at B. Good. (It makes sense that the healthy, pretty girls would eat there.) I mentioned to him that I hadn't eaten yet and that I needed to find something to eat. He noted that the caff had already closed, so if I wanted something, I had to head outside the tower.

About 30 minutes ago I decided, "Yeah. I'll go to Starbucks and grab a coffee and salad for lunch."

Yeah... Instead of a salad though, I got a monster M&M cookie. I went with this choice over the friut salad or lettuce salad offerings because I remembered that I am supposed to go out with my team from work in about two hours to get martinis at 28 Degrees. So, I needed something more substantial to soak up the little booze I can hold. A salad won't cut it. I'll be drunk after two sips. With th full cookie in me, I'll make to at least ordering a second drink.

Comments

Popular Posts