Ten Years.

In a few days, it will be the 10-year anniversary of when I met Human, my husband. And it is such a romantic story...

I was living in NYC. I was drunk. I went bar hopping for my friend Steph's last weekend in NYC before going on sabbatical in Australia. We ended up at a bar in the village. The bar sucked. I wanted to leave. I was being cheeky and sassy. I somehow managed to meet my husband and refused an offer from him to go to dinner sometime. He gave me his business card and left it open to go out for coffee sometime if I was interested.

Wait... That's not romantic. That's bitchiness!

This is how it is, people. When you least expect something, it happens. A week later, after I had called him to go out for coffee, we had our first date. We grabbed Starbucks and walked around Grand Central Terminal for a few hours.

I had almost forgotten that it has been 10 years, till I found myself walking around Grand Central Terminal this morning before leaving NYC. That's when I saw this...



Squash court?

On the first date, The Husband and I watched this same squash event for a while.

I can't believe that was 10 years ago.

Comments

Dan said…
Very nice. And congrats.

Is squash much different than racquetball?
Me said…
Thanks! Tgeydont appear to wear hobbles when playing squash.
Me said…
I meant "goggles."
The most romantic stories always start out with "I was drunk..." :)

Popular Posts