Only by request... I am posting a recipe for a seasonal vegetable that I had for dinner.
- 10 ounces of fiddleheads, washed and with the brown edge of the stem cut off
- 1 small red onion, sliced into long strips
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Boil some water in a pot.
- Drop rinsed fiddleheads in and let cook for a minute.
- Drain fiddleheads and rinse with COLD water.
- Heat oil in saute pan.
- Throw onion in and cook for three minutes.
- Toss fiddleheads in and cook for another five minutes.
And you're done. I don't use salt in this. But I did add a pinch of crushed red pepper towards the end of the cooking.
They taste like Spring!!!