Mastering The Art Of Feeding The Human.

Over the next few months, I will be spending quite a bit of time up here in Toronto. I have a little project I am working on, and it requires my presence up here. Mostly on the weekends. (Sorry, can't be more detailed than that.)

As a side effect of me being here more often, it means Human (The Husband) gets to eat actual meals.

Typically, during the week when we are apart, he relies on two things for dinner:
  • The Whole Foods salad bar... Where he gets slices of pizza or sushi, and not salad.
  • Frozen, processed chicken or pizza he has in the fridge.
If it is reporting season at work, where lunch is ordered in for them in mass quantities, he'll work later and just eat the leftovers. He is good about having a nice healthy snack before bed though: Greek yogurt and a banana. Human is pretty healthy for the most part though. He only has a drink socially (just one typically) and does not drink coffee. Soda is a very rare treat for him too.

But dinner is his Achilles heel.

It's the end of the day, and he simply has no interest in learning how to cook himself a real meal. Despite my protests that "cooking can be therapeutic!" at the end of a long work day. (Though I am not one to talk.) So I make an effort to put together actual meals for him whenever we are together in Boston or Toronto - which tends to be three nights a week. I arrived on Friday morning this weekend, and went straight to planning a meal for him.

Chicken Piccata




I served it with Baked Risotto; a recipe which I have been making for 10 years.

I also realized I had the ingredients for Sea Salt Chocolate Chip cookies...


Delicious!


So when I fly back to Boston on Tuesday this week, he'll have a sweet snack to nibble on before I see him in Boston again Thursday evening. (This week, he only has to fend for himself for dinner TWICE!)

Comments

Popular Posts