Sibling Rivalry Closed?

What the...?

I posted on Twitter and the Facebook this weekend about this. However, I am still in shock!

I was out to dinner for our ninth anniversary with The Husband on Saturday night. After eating a delicious meal at Grill 23, we walked back to our hood.

"I know!" I said. "Let's pop in at Sibling Rivalry and have a cocktail at the bar!"

They have a cherry champagne cocktail on the bar menu that's just diamond... It's perfect for celebrating. I was so excited.  But as we got closer to the restaurant, I could see that the lights were out and that the bar stools were stacked.

"It's closed on a Saturday night?" I said.

The Husband was equally perplexed. We'd been coming to Sibling Rivalry for the past eight years - since we originally moved to the South End. Their menu wasn't as good as it had once been, but the bar was still divine. It was the perfect place for a cocktail, next to the Bristol Lounge at the Four Seasons or M Bar in the Mandarin.

Well, as I got to the front door of the restaurant, I got my reason for why it was closed on  Saturday night...


Yes. Not just closed for Saturday. Closed for good. FOR GOOD!

It apparently had closed about a week after my last visit there. I had no idea... And I live just down the street from the place. Searching online to see what the reasoning was, it appears no one really knows why. Everyone was equally surprised that it closed.

Boo-urns.

Comments

Popular Posts