Jalapeno Tequila & Left-Over Fruit Margaritas.

I figured I'd be sitting in a salon chair all afternoon. I was wrong. 

So after only two hours of sitting for a keratin treatment on my hair, I was found myself unleashed into the sunny afternoon with no agenda.

I drove home... Not knowing really what to do with my time. I looked in the fridge and saw that I still had jalapeno peppers from a few weeks ago.  And I still had a fill bottle of Patron tequila.

So I decided to make some properly infused spicy tequila...


I even have a very pretty crystal decanter that I've never used, despite owning it for 12 years now...


So I put the tequila in there to marinate with the pepper for about 24 hours.

And tomorrow night, I can have a spicy watermelon margarita.  I'm going to make the watermelon juice tomorrow.

After this was done, I was in the mood for an actual margarita.

Peering into the fridge, I had some blueberries, strawberries and pineapple that were about to spoil. I decided to save the berries for some frozen smoothies I am going to prep tomorrow for the week. And I quickly juiced the strawberries and the pineapple with some ice cubes in my Vitamix blender. I threw in some tequila and Cointreau... And now have a lovely pitcher of frozen margaritas.


This is now my afternoon...


Instead of sitting in a salon chair.

Way better, right?

Comments

Popular Posts