Getting Wired.

So for the past few months, I've been receiving copies of Wired magazine in my mailbox every few weeks. I didn't understand it though. I never subscribed to Wired. In fact, despite working in interactive marketing, the idea of reading or getting this magazine never occurred to me. Then, this week, I was reading through one of my recent copies about how to hack your iPod; and I thought, "Wow. This magazine is USEFUL."

So I determined that even though I didn't recall subscribing to it, I was happy that I was getting it.

Then, just now, I was online at my Media Bistro home page updating my account. I happened upon this section I had never noticed before called "Member Benefits." I clicked on it and discovered that just by being a member of Media Bistro, I was entitled to some cool stuff... Including:

  • A year membership to Wired magazine.
  • Rental car discounts to Avis and Hertz.
  • A 5% discount on all Barnes and Noble purchases.
  • A PR News free trial subscription.
  • A free trial subscription to The New Republic's digital version.
  • Health insurance discounts.
  • Yoga discounts... and more...

I need to start looking into some of these benefits a little more. Sweet! I should really consider going freelance full-time. Then I might actually have time to enjoy these benefits.

Comments

Sarah said…
You know, I used to get that too and didn't know why! It has since stopped. I would LOVE to know how to hack my iPod. I wonder if I can find it online.

Popular Posts