I Prefer Geeky Guys.

The husband and I caught "Superman Returns" in theaters this weekend. It was an awesome film. Brilliantly cast, we believe. (Especially Kevin Spacey and Brandon Routh.) We were talking about the casting and both felt that Brandon Routh really looks and sounds the part of Superman/Clark Kent. To top it off, he's incredibly good looking. However, my husband and I disagreed on one thing...

My husband feels Brandon is probably at his "hottest" as the man of Steel, "Superman." (I say "probably" because my husband says even though he's not "attracted to dudes" he imagines Superman's raven hair and watery blue eyes are what chicks "dig.") However, I feel that Brandon Routh is at his "hottest" as Clark Kent. He's hangs around in suits that are slightly awkward on him, his hair is mussy and he wears glasses. I "dig" that look.

When I told my husband this, he said he wasn't surprised that I preferred the Clark Kent look.

"You do seem to prefer geeky guys," he said. "I am the exception."

(Insert my un-diminishing laughter here.)

It is true though. I prefer geeky-looking guys. Here is the list of celebrities that make my list:


Geeky guys are just sexier than traditionally "good-looking" guys. I think maybe it equates to the whole "librarian" things guys sometimes have. Plus, I could never date a guy who did the following:
  • Spent as much or more money on clothes than me.
  • Had more style and fashion sense than me.
  • Took longer to get ready than me.
I like guys who are easy-going and not really bothered by their looks, but basically maintained. I prefer they have clean clothes. Yeah, clean clothes are important.

Comments

Popular Posts