Is Spray Tanning Worth the Effort?

This weekend I decided to head over to the Campus Tan on Hunnington Ave. to get some color sprayed on me. The last time I did this was the day before I went to the Turks & Caicos for vacation in May. This time, though, I decided I was gonna go naked, as I am not down with the tan lines.

So on a hot, drowsy summer day, I walked the mile to Campus tans to step into their booth and get a healthy glow. But because it was a hot, drowsy day, I knew I would begin perspiring the moment I stepped back outside. So my game plan was to head over to the Prudential Mall to shop for a few hours while the color set in.

By the time I headed home that afternoon, about 4:30pm, the color appeared to have set. I hung around with the husband for a few hours and then we went off to dinner on Washington Avenue to a Vietnamese restaurant.

I decided to "play it safe" and not shower or "actively" perspire all evening into the next morning. On Sunday, the husband and I went to the gym to go swimming. I waited till I got home, about 1pm to actually shower.

I don't know when or how, but the spray tan appeared to have washed off sometime between my shower and this afternoon. I came into work today expecting people to comment on my "glow," but no one did.

Finally, this afternoon, I IM'd my friend "Wighty" about no one noticing and he asked "Did you get sprayed with another shade of pale?"

I think next time I am going to go with "Level 2" rather than "Level 1" of the spray.

Comments

Anonymous said…
As you know, I am a redhead. I also am a firm believer in spray tan and the reason that your tan went away is because you went in chlorine. No matter how long you wait to go swimming, pool water will always make the color fade. The reason this didn't happen before was because you were in the ocean.
Me said…
ahhh... this makes sense.

Popular Posts