AM Door Guy - The Sequel.

Okay... So old annoying AM Door Guy at my work office building left mid-Summer. (Tear!)

He told all of us that he had worked in the building a long time, and he had felt it was time to move on. He now works at a hotel somewhere here in Downtown Crossing. (Turns out though, the security company he worked for was being moved out of the building... And he was transferred with it.)

Well, since original AM Door Guy left we have now gotten stuck with a new AM Door Guy. And this one creeps me out even more than the first!

The original ADG was really kind, but socially awkward. This new ADG though, he's just awkward. When he first arrived, he sat behind the desk in the lobby. You would say "Good morning!" to him. He never said anything back.

I thought this was just how he operated. I made a comment to others I worked with, and they said the same thing about him. He was quiet, non-attentive and awkward.

But lately, when I walk in the building, he has begun trying to initiate conversation with me. I say, "Good morning!" He mumbles something under his breath back while looking at me directly.

It makes me feel like I'm interrupting the silence by acknowledging his existence with politeness. And now, he has that creepy "I'm silently watching you" evil look about him.

Why are all AM Door Guys so weird?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have the same issue with the ridiculous mail people who work in my office. They seriously scare me they're so completely socially out of it. A "good morning" or a "thank you" barely warrants a grunt and they usually deliver the mail so violently that they disrupt the table the inbox sits on. It's a very pleasant experience which is repeated 3 times a day. Fun times! h

Popular Posts