Where Did "Human's" Socks Go?

The Husband and I have been on a purge this weekend. We've both gone through out closet, and the shelves in our house, and sorted out stuff that needed to be done away with.

However, in the sorting of old white t-shirts (complete with yellow stains under the arms) and socks, "Human" (my husband) found himself in a compromising sock position...



These NINE black socks have no mates. Each black sock is different than the all the others. And he couldn't find the mates that go with them.

Now, I can understand someone having up to three pairs of socks that lose their mates over time (before you get a chance to clean out your drawers next)... But NINE pairs? That is simply unacceptable.

I do not doubt for a second that "Human" has worn the mismatched pairs together. But I now have a new rule that I am putting in place for him:

"Closet and drawers are to be cleaned out and sorted every season!"

This is ridiculous. Now he doesn't have enough pairs of socks to last him a whole work week. (I made him toss the mismatched ones.)

Comments

bonbonagogo said…
perhaps you can have the husband safety pin his socks together after he takes them off like my father does. He does look silly with a safety pin on his sock, but he rarely loses any!
Anonymous said…
Moxie,

Sometimes, when socks are rolled off and tossed into the hamper, one of the two will stay rolled while the other shifts back into its 'natural' form. The result is, when washed, one tends to get a better scrubbing than the other. Over time, one sock might fade, lose fiber strength, or become otherwise damaged in a way that makes it seem less like its counterpart than it is. Meaning, the sock that's actually a match might not 'look the part' becuase of how it went into the washing machine.

Not only has this happened to me a few hundred times, but I've clearly put far too much thought into why and how it did.

The Husband might want to use some version of this as a reason for why he should be allowed to hold on to his seemingly matchless socks.
Me said…
Oh, I didn't make him toss his mismatched socks. He decided to do that on his own.

Popular Posts