Super Easy Granola.

I made some granola last week for a gift to take to some one's house. They liked it so much (I'm flattered!) that they asked if I wouldn't mind parting with the recipe. I told them I didn't mind, as it wasn't really my recipe. (It's a recipe I combined using a Barefoot Contessa recipe and a Martha Stewart Everyday Food recipe.)

I decided to post the recipe in case anyone else is looking for a super easy way to make granola, and it's versatile. You can add more dried fruit and nuts into it, but I prefer just almonds and dried cranberries myself.

Granola

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
  • 1 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/4 cup of honey
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I add just shy of a "half" cup.)


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Toss oats, coconut and almonds in a bowl together.
  3. Whisk vegetable oil and honey together.
  4. Add oil and honey mixture to the bowl of dried ingredients. Mix till everything is coated.
  5. Pour mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet or dish. Make sure mixture is flat, so everything gets cooked evenly.
  6. Bake for about 40 minutes. Every 10 minutes, stir the granola mixture around on the sheet and check to see how "done" it is. It is done baking when the coconut and the oats are a nice "golden brown" color.
  7. Remove from oven and cool the mixture in the pan. When cooled, mix in the dried cranberries

Here's what the final product should look like...


Yummy!

Comments

Popular Posts