"Good Morning Left-Handers!"

I feel so left out. Always have.

Like a Jersey Shore cast member attracted to gym-ing, tanning, and laundering (of clothes - I am assuming not money)... I tend to find myself attracted to circles where everyone is far, far smarter than myself.

At least, that's the way I see it.

I am a huge believer in the idea of surrounding yourself with people who you perceive are smarter than yourself. Make no mistake - I see myself as intelligent. But keeping company (through work or personal life) is something I seem to instinctively do.

And I was reminded of my habit last week.

I was attending a corporate summit for the holding company I work within.  It was a few days away from our day jobs, learning about the latest and the greatest in the industry. (And a whole lotta networking.)  To begin the summit, the first words uttered into the microphone by the host were...


"Good morning left-handers!"

I am not a left-hander. The assumption is that left-handed people tend to be seen as some of the more intelligent people in society.  And as I quickly assessed the room full of people I was in, I noticed many taking noted and writing with their left hands.

"Well,"I thought to myself, "I may not be left-handed. But at least I am in a room with a bunch of intelligent people."

Comments

Popular Posts