Knit A Snood.

Important life skills to make sure you pick up:

  • Reading
  • Driving
  • Making guacamole
  • Light HTML
  • Fearlessly navigating any public subway system
  • Bartending - Especially the free pour
  • Knitting

Random collection. But the last one if the one I am most proud of on this list of skills.  About five years ago, I taught myself to knit using some drawings on a little booklet.  It wasn't easy. And it took about four tries to actually get the hang of what I was doing... From casting-on to the actual knitting... But I did it.

I taught myself to knit.

But only scarves.

Yes. For the longest time, all I was brave enough to try were long and wide scarves.  Then, about two years ago, I decided to try knitting a snood without a pattern or instructions. I got the piece about started, and just forgot about it.

Till this week.

While here at home, I finally remembered that I hadn't finished it. So I decided to give it a try.  It's pretty crudely made. I dropped a stitch while making it. And how I managed to get it closed and in a circular shape is pretty simply done... But done it is!

Here it is up.























Here it is down.



Comments

Popular Posts