Never Too Late To Start From Scratch. Even For A Teacher.

Now that things have settled into a nice rhythm at work between the two countries, I am able to start picking up my Bikram practice again.

If I had to actually count out the number of Bikram classes I have actually done since graduating from teacher training... I would say it is about 25.  And that's being generous.  It could actually be less than that.

Now, if you asked me how many Bikram classes I have taught, I can tell you that number is over 100.  Not bad for someone who has been working full time.

But clearly, it stresses the point that teaching Bikram while working full time (and having a husband) made prioritizing my own practice fall by the way-way-way-way-way-way side.

So tonight's class back marked the fifth class I have taken in NYC since moving back. And my hope is that it continues at least four times a week from here on out.  But the class tonight was awful.  "I wanted to puke the entire time" awful. And my hip flexors were killing me.  The heat felt great.  But I was clearly not hydrated enough for class.

Hopefully it gets better from here. And for always.


Comments

bikramyogachick said…
I've heard so many people say that coming back from TT, that your own practice suffers. So glad you are back on the mat, even if you wanted to puke. :)

Popular Posts