Thanksgiving? What's That?

This week, I am in Toronto. Working from the office up here, taking care of a few things.  And even though I am taking Thursday (today) and Friday (tomorrow) off (because they are U.S. holidays), I am not celebrating Thanksgiving.

Well, not today anyway.

The Husband forgot that it was Thanksgiving this week. And he booked plans with friends for tonight. So when I asked him earlier this week what he wanted me to make for dinner, he gave me the, "Oh. I have plans with the guys that night."

Me being the flexible person I am, I said that was no problem and that we could make dinner on Friday night instead.

"Oh," he fed me again.  "I have a ball hockey game I am playing in the afternoon. And then I am going out with the guys afterwards.  We can do Saturday night."

That's when I reminded him that I leave Saturday afternoon to go back to NYC.

This is when I became inflexible... Or the way most people would see it, "totally reasonable"...  And said, "Well, you'll have to cancel the dinner part of your Friday and come home so I can make dinner."

I am a pretty blunt person when I need to be. And if there is a problem, I will tell you exactly how to fix it.  In fact, most of my days are spent helping people figure out problems or issues... As well as preventing them in the first place.

So if I had to list one thing that I am most thankful for this year, it's that I found my balls. I found my balls and decided to start calling my own shots without feeling guilty.

Why should anyone settle for a guilty feeling when asking for anything?

Comments

Popular Posts