LinkedIn Stalking.

 Be careful people!  You may think that you're occasional glance at that former employer/boyfriend/arch enemy's LinkedIn page to see what's happening in their career is harmless and completely blind. But you would be WRONG.

True Story...

About a week ago, a disgruntled former employee of mine from a long time ago was snooping in my LinkedIn profile.  I don't pay attention to who views my LinkedIn profile, but another former employee (who knows the disgruntled one) wrote me and said, "You-know-who just posted a comment on LinkedIn saying you don't know anything about search and are a mean person."

(That isn't verbatim. But the basic gist of what I was told.)

I went to the former employee's profile and didn't see anything posted, because they had removed it by the time I got around to looking for it.  But then I went to my profile page and peeked at the section that can tell you who is actively viewing your profile...

This section...

As of today, my profile has been viewed by 8 people in the past 3 days...

Since last week, I log in and click on the list of people who have been looking at my profile. And in the mix of recruiters and current colleagues is the disgruntled former employee.

Yep. They keep coming back to look at my profile. Not sure why. Nothing has changed on my page. I don't even update my status on LinkedIn. Not sure why the stalking is necessary.

Comments

Cara said…
You know I have to go stalk you on Linkdin. Just cause.

Popular Posts